Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Great Finds

So I went to DI yesterday while I was waiting for the fabric store to open and I found these:



A Yamaha electric piano. Guess how much....? $45.00 And it works.

So I took it apart there and loaded it into my car. Took it home, wiped it down, and played a little popcorn popping to break it in.

The bench is kind of ripped so this morning I did this:





I recovered it with some fabric that I bought to recover a rocking chair that will probably never get covered. I like how it turned out. Better yet I am so glad I found such a great deal.

Next...... we have this beauty. A gynormous paper mache giraffe. I don't know why I bought it but I just had to have it. And for $5.00 who could pass up a deal like that? Not me.






I think it used to be in the Springville library. It is about 5 feet tall.

Can you picture me stuffing this and that piano all in my car? I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love to hear about your great finds! So jealous about the piano. I always stop in to D.I. to see what I can find, and all I ever walk out with is a purse. Maybe i should spend less time in the purse isle.

    ReplyDelete