Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Twirl Skirts

Courtney has wanted a new skirt for a while now. She likes the ones at Down east Outfitters but they are all a lot of money. We did get her a denim skirt there but now that is the only skirt she has to wear. So I have seen some cute fabric skirts on the internet and decided to try to make one. I am very cheap and didnt want to ruin a big piece of fabric so I first wanted to make one out of my scraps so it turned out like toddler sized. That is the one with the bird on it. Then I attempted another one and it ended up almost my size so I serged some inches off of each size and it now fits her but doesnt look the most professional. I didnt ever take pictures of that one. Then I found a big scrap that I had that I was saving to make something great out of and so it is the bottom skirt that is brown and green. She just might wear it tomorrow. That will be the true test...if my almost teen age(1 more week) daughter will wear the things I make.












1 comment:

  1. cute! So did she wear it? And the toddler one is adorable. Too bad you don't have anyone who can wear it. Let me know if you plan to sell it on etsy or anything, because I will totally buy it. And I love the name of your blog. so clever.

    ReplyDelete